Friday, February 03, 2006

Frustration

The world has changed drastically since I was born; the first couple winters really brought the worst out in people. I still remember seeing two grown men get into a fist fight over a snow shovel they started scrapping in the middle of the road as I was looking out the window, I couldn’t have been more than 3 or 4 at the time. It was a very clear sign of the frustration the changes had brought to people, I didn’t know what it meant at the time but I understand it now, thankfully we’ve had some extra time to adjust to the situation now when there is a dispute over who wants and needs what there is much more sharing.

Though there is also a resignation to the inevitable and that can be seen in the older people, those that have survived the past 20 or so years and remember the past, how it was the ease of life. Sadly now when these people hit this resignation is when many of them die, not because they’re trying to commit suicide or anything silly like that. They get careless when there isn’t a lot of room for error.

It creeps up on you this frustration; it happens in younger people as well I’ve seen some of my friends going through it though it’s never as bad as when it’s the people who remember the past. We only hear stories about it. I myself have never seen a plane fly though I’ve seen pictures and understand how it works. There aren’t many cars left, but they’re still around, I can see the fruits of past labors, I can see how life must have been in the past.

The frustration really creeps in when you realize that it never really needed to be this way, we had the ability to stop this but we chose not to. The companies of the past were greedy even though a great many of them had started taking care of the planet in their own small ways before things started. It was the ones from 50, 70, and 90 years ago that were the big problem they did things without considering the consequences. Not people consider what they do… mostly.

No comments: